Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Problems

02/16/17



The initial problems are finally here! The cardboard rolls that I am using to make the air more centralized in my wind tunnel keeps falling off. I need to either go smaller so that it can structurally be more stable as they are too big or try to find better duct tape. This is so frustrating as even with these cardboard rolls inside the wind tunnel, the air still seems like its not as centralized as I want it to be. I am also thinking about using straws to see if that makes it better. Straws would also make it easier for me to duct tape them to the wind tunnel as I wouldn't have to worry about the symmetry of them in the wind tunnel. The cardboard rolls were pretty big so I had to actually plan out were to keep each one so that it would be symmetric, but with straws I can just put a bunch together because they are so small. I was also thinking about using toilet paper rolls as they are not too big or too small,but I feel like I should use it for the outer layers and for the inner layer use straws so the air would get pretty centralized as it goes through the straighter part of the wind tunnel. I knew these engineering problems were gonna arise, but now that they are here this whole process is starting to be more stressful than fun.

2 comments:

  1. To keep the air centralized, will you have to fill the entire space with smaller tubing (cardboard rolls or straws), or just around the sides as pictured here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to fill the entire space with smaller tubing which I did, but as you can see they kind of fell apart.

      Delete