Search This Blog

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Almost Finished


03/09/17

This post is going to be talking about the progress I have made onto my wind tunnel so far this week.

I am almost done with the wind tunnel as I have to just install the gas section and spray paint the whole wind tunnel in the colors of the space center. I talked to my on-site mentor, Jon Van de Water, and we are still  uncertain on whether we are going to use this one as a display or make another wind tunnel based off of this one. This wind tunnel turned out pretty good and we can still use it to test objects, so we are in a dilemma right now. If we decide to use this one then my work on making wind tunnels will be done and I can start to focus on making the display for the center which incorporates the wind tunnel. Otherwise, I have to help make another wind tunnel then focus on making a display which is just a lot of work as it took me about five weeks to just finish one out of cardboard. Another one with better material might take longer and I don't have that much time so we might just use this one in the display. I will get a lot of help on the other wind tunnel though as I would be working on it with people who work at the center. They used to be engineers so maybe it would be finished pretty quickly, but who knows exactly how long it would take. This is pretty much it for now and look down below for pics and videos showing how the wind tunnel looks right now.



3 comments:

  1. It looks so cool! If you make another wind tunnel, will you be adjusting the different variables in making it? (To make it be more efficient.. etc?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would fix the problems I had the first time. The main reason I might build another one is so it can be made out of better material instead of cardboard.

      Delete
  2. It's really cool that you were able to make this yourself! What are your goals for this wind tunnel, and what are you trying to achieve or use it for?

    ReplyDelete